You are here
Shaun Fluker is an associate professor in the University of Calgary's Faculty of Law. He serves as the Executive Director of the Faculty's Public Interest Law Clinic, which provides legal services to clients pursuing law reform and litigation strategies in public law and policy. His research generally focuses on access to the legal system for persons who advocate for environmental protection, the implementation of environmental norms in law, the regulation of environmental markets, and the selected issues in administrative law.
- Fluker, Shaun and Wallace, Pip. “Protection of Threatened Species in New Zealand” (2015) 19 New Zealand Journal of Environmental Law 179 (26 pages). (SSRN)
- "The Right to Public Participation in Resources and Environmental Decision-Making in Alberta" (2015) 52(3) Alberta Law Review.
- "A Comparison of Carbon Emission Trading Systems in New Zealand and Canada: Diversity is not a virtue in carbon law and policy" (2015) 11:2 JSDLP 217. (SSRN)
- Chapter "Defending the Wild: Time to Think beyond Legislated Wilderness" in Found in Alberta: Environmental Themes for the Anthropocene, Wilfred Laurier University Press, 2014.
- “The Right to Public Participation in Resources and Environmental Decision-Making in Alberta” (2014) 52(3) Alberta Law Review.
- "Who Regulates Trading in the Carbon Market?” (2014) 26(2) Journal of Environmental Law & Practice (with LLM student Salimah Janmohamed).
- "Environmental Norms in the Courtroom: The case of ecological integrity in Canada's national parks," in Economic Collapse: Ecological integrity for law, policy and human rights. Published by Routledge, June 3, 2013.
- “The Basics of Species at Risk Legislation in Alberta” (2012) 50(1) Alberta Law Review 95-114
- “R v Syncrude Canada: A Clash of Bitumen and Birds” (2011) 49 Alberta Law Review 237-244
- "Christopher Stone, Should Trees Have Standing? Law, Morality, and the Environment, 3rd ed (Oxford University Press, London 2010) (Book Review)" (2011) 2 Journal of Human Rights and the Environment 246-250
- "MiningWatch Canada v. Canada (Fisheries and Oceans): Hoisted on One's Own Petard?" (2010) 20 Journal of Environmental Law and Practice 151
- "What has Dunsmuir Taught?" (2010) 47 Alberta Law Review 1017 - 1035 (co-authored with Alice Woolley)
- "The Polar Bear is Not a Species at Risk in Canada (Contrary to what the Rest of the World Thinks): When is a Decision Not to List Unreasonable in Law?" (with Jocelyn Stacey) listed on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
- "Ecological Integrity in Canada's National Parks: The False Promise of Law" (2010) 29 Windsor Review of Legal and Social Issues 89 - 123
- "Ecological Integrity and the Law: The View from Canada's National Parks" listed on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- "Wilderness Narrative in Law: The View from Canada's National Parks", listed on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN)