You are here
Patrick Hettiaratchi is a professor of environmental engineering at UCalgary's Schulich School of Engineering. His research interests include sustainable landfill technology, methane biofiltration technology, waste to energy, landfill biocap technology, remediation of sites contaminated with complex hydrocarbons, greenhouse gas emission technology development, optimization of landfill construction and operation, and recycling of construction waste.
1. Hettiaratchi, J.P.A., Jayasinghe, P. A., Joo Hwa Tay, Yadev, S. K., 2015, Recent advances in biomass to energy using landfill bioreactor technology, Current Organic Chemistry, 19(5), 413-422.
2. Mancebo U, Hettiaratchi J.P.A., 2015. Rapid assessment of methanotrophic capacity of compost-based materials considering the effects of air-filled porosity, water content and dissolved organic carbon. Bioresource Technology. 177: 125-133.
3. P.A. Jayasinghe, J.P.A. Hettiaratchi, A.K. Mehrotra, S. Kumar 2014 Reaction Mechanisms and Rate Constants of Waste Degradation in Landfill Bioreactor Systems with Enzymatic-Enhancement Bioresource Technology. Volume 162, June 2014, Pages 279–282.
4. J.P.A. Hettiaratchi, P.A. Jayasinghe, Bartholomeuz, E.M. and S. Kumar 2014. Waste degradation and gas production with enzymatic enhancement in anaerobic and aerobic landfill bioreactors, Bioresource Technology. Available online 14 March 2014.
5. Uriel Mancebo, J. Patrick A. Hettiaratchi, Omar Hurtado, 2014. Study on the Correlation between Dissolved Organic Carbon, Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate, and Exchangeable Nitrogen and the Performance of Granular Materials as Support Media for Methanotrophic Biofiltration. ASCE Journal of Hazardous and Radioactive Waste 18(1) 11-15.
6. P. Somathileke, J.P.A. Hettiaratchi, 2013. Struvite Formation in Leachate Recirculation Pipes of Bioreactor Landfills. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management Vol. 38, pp. 291-299.
7. C.H. Hettiarachchi, J.P.A. Hettiaratchi, C. Hunte, J. N. Meegoda 2013. The City of Calgary Biocell: Operation of a Landfill Bioreactor in a Cold Climate: Early Results and Lessons Learned. Bioreactor Landfills: Special Issue of ASCE Journal of Hazardous and Radioactive Waste 17(4) 307-316.
8. Avick Sil, Kanchan Wakadikar, Sunil Kumar, S. Satheesh Babu, S. P. M. Sivagami, Shalini Tandon, Rakesh Kumar and Patrick Hettiaratchi.2012. Toxicity Characteristics of Drilling Mud and Its Effect on Aquatic Fish Populations, Journal of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste Management, Vol. 15, No. 1, January 2012, pp. 51-57.
9. D. Pokhrel, J.P.A. Hettiaratchi, S. Kumar. 2011. Methane diffusion coefficients in compost and soil-compost mixtures. Chem. Eng. Journal, 169, 200–206.
10. C. Hunte, J.P.A. Hettiaratchi, J. N. Meegoda, and C.H. Hettiarachchi. 2011. Determination of waste properties from settlement behaviour of a full-scale waste cell. ASCE Geotech. Special Publication #211, 1404-1413.