You are here
Elke Lohmeier-Vogel is a senior instructor in UCalgary's Department of Biological Sciences where she has taught Biochemistry to undergraduate students for 21 years. She recently started teaching biology to first year non-biology majors. Her research interests include developing undergraduate laboratory exercises as well collaborative research with colleagues at UCalgary or in Lund, Sweden.
- Weers, P.M, Prenner E, Curic S, Lohmeier-Vogel E.M*. A laboratory exercise to illustrate protein-membrane interactions. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2016 44:86-94.
- Lohmeier-Vogel E.M, Heeley D.H Biochemical Comparison of Tpm1.1 (alpha) and Tpm2.2 (beta) Tropomyosins from Rabbit Skeletal Muscle. Biochemistry 2016 55, pp 1418–1427
- E.W.J. van Niel , C.U. Larsson, E.M. Lohmeier-Vogel, P.Rådström (2012) The potential of biodetoxification activity as a probiotic property of Lactobacillus reuteri. Int. J. Food Microbiol, 152: 206 –212
- Arsköld E, Lohmeier-Vogel E, Cao R, Roos S, Rådström P, van Niel EW. 2008. Phosphoketolase pathway dominates in Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 55730 containing dual pathways for glycolysis. J Bacteriol. Jan;190(1):206-12. (link)
- Svensson M, Lohmeier-Vogel E, Waak E, Svensson U, Rådström P. 2007 Altered nucleotide sugar metabolism in Streptococcus thermophilus interferes with nitrogen metabolism. Int J Food Microbiol. Jan 25;113(2):195-200. (link)
- Y.M. Chen, T.S. Ferrar, E.M. Lohmeier-Vogel, N. Morrice, Y. Mizuno, B. Berenger, K.K. Ng, D.G. Muench and G.B. Moorhead. 2006. The PII signal transuction protein of Arabidopisis thaliana forms an arginin-regulated complex with plastid N-acetyl glutamate kinase. J. Biol Chem 281:5726-5733.
- E.M. Lohmeier-Vogel, N. Loukanina, T.S. Ferrar, G.B.G. Moorhead, T.A. Thorpe. 2005. N-acetylglutamate kinase from Daucus carota suspension cultures: embryogenic expression profile, purification and characterization. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 43:854-861.
- E.M. Lohmeier-Vogel, S. Ung and R.J. Turner. 2004. In vivo 31P Nuclear magnetic resonance investigation of tellurite toxicity in Escerihia coli. Applied and Envrionmental Microbiology. 70:7342-7347.
- A.D. Melin, E.M. Lohmeier-Vogel. 2004. Using Cytochome c to Monitor Electron Transport and Inhibition in Beef Heart Submitochondrial Particles. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education. 32:39-44
- H.J. Vogel, D.J. Schibli, W. Jing, E. Lohmeier-Vogel, R.F. Epand and R.M. Epand. 2002. Towards a structure–function analysis of bovine lactoferricin and related tryptophan and arginine containing peptides. Biochemistry and Cell Biology. 80:49-63.
- E.M. Lohmeier-Vogel, K.T. Leung, H. Lee, J.T. Trevors and H.J. Vogel. 2001. The effect of pentachlorophenol (PCP) on the physiology of PCP-degrading microorganisms; a phosphorus-31 NMR study. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 67:3549-3556.
- H.J. Vogel, E. Lohmeier-Vogel. 2000. NMR investigations of yeast metabolism: Biochemistry and biotechnology applications. “NMR in Microbiology: Theory and Applications”. Horizon Press. pp. 309-330.