You are here
Jennifer Lock, PhD, is a professor in UCalgary's Werklund School of Education, and associate dean of teaching and learning, currently on administrative leave. She returns to the position January 1, 2018. Her research interests lie in e-learning, technology integration in education, change and innovation in education, educational development and the scholarship of teaching and learning in higher education and experiential learning through making and makerspaces.
- Redmond, R., Lock J., & Smart, V. (2017, October). Pre-service teachers’ perceptions about identifying, managing and preventing cyberbullying. In L. Liu & D.C. Gibson (Eds.), Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2017 (pp. 109-116). Waynesville, NC: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Johnson, C., Hill, S. L., Lock, J., Altowairiki, N., Ostrowski, C, da Rosa dos Santos, L., & Liu, Y. (2017, September). Using Design-Based Research to develop meaningful online discussions in undergraduate Field Experience courses. International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 18(6), 36 -53.
- Kessy, E., Eaton, S. E., & Lock, J. (2017). Developing teachers: Reflections on self-regulated learning in professional graduate education. The Canadian Journal for Teacher Research.
- Lock, J., & Johnson, C. (2017). From assumptions to practice: Creating and supporting robust online collaborative learning. International Journal on E-Learning, 16(1), 47-66.
- Lock, J., & Johnson, C. (2017). Learning from transitioning to new technology that supports online and blended learning: A case study. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 28(1), 49-64.
- Lock, J., & Duggleby, S. (2017). Authentic learning in the Social Studies classroom: Connecting globally. One World in Dialogue, 4(4), 20-27.
- Ostrowski, C., Lock, J., Hill, L.S., da Rosa dos Santos, L., Altowairiki, N., & Johnson, C. (2017). A journey through the development of online environments: Putting UDL theory into practice. In. P. Vu, S. Fredrickson, & C.S. Moore, Handbook of Research on Innovative Pedagogies and Technologies for Online Learning in Higher Education (pp.218-235). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Lock, J., Clancy, T., Lisella, R., Rosenau, P., Ferreira, C., & Rainsbury, J. (2016). The lived experiences of instructors co-teaching in higher education. Brock Education Journal, 26(1), 22-35.
- Dyjur, P., & Lock, J. (2016). A model to build capacity through a multi-program curriculum review process. Journal of Professional, Continuing, and Online Education, 2(1), 1-16.
- Olszewska, K., & Lock, J. (2016). Examining success and sustainability of academic writing: A case study of two writing-group models. Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 46(4), 132-145.
- Koh, K., Lock, J., Paris, B., & Niayesh, M. (2016, December). Building Canadian preservice teachers’ capacity in classroom assessment. In M. Hirschkorn & J. Mueller (Eds.), What Should Canada’s Teachers Know? Teacher Capacities: Knowledge, Beliefs and Skills (pp. 72 - 98). Ottawa, ON: Canadian Association for Teacher Education.
- Lock, J. & Redmond, P. (2016, October). WSE Co-hosts International Makerspace Symposium. Retrieved from http://werklund.ucalgary.ca/media-room/news-events/wse-co-hosts-international-makerspace-symposium
- Dyjur, P., & Lock, J. (2016). Three strategies for moving curriculum mapping online. Educational Developments, 17(2). 15-19.
- Lock, J., & Johnson, C. (2015). Triangulating assessment of online collaborative Learning. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 16 (4), 61 - 70.
- Toll, K., Drefs, M. A., & Lock, J. (2016). Measuring cognitive engagement. The Canadian Journal for Teacher Research.
- Lock, J., Redmond, P., & Danaher, P. (Eds.). (2015). Educational Developments, Practices and Effectiveness: Global Perspectives and Contexts. Hampshire, UK: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Redmond, R., Lock, J. & Danaher, P.A. (Eds.). (2015). Educational Innovations and Contemporary Technologies: Enhancing Teaching and Learning. Hampshire, UK: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Lock, J.V. & Friesen, S. (2015). 21st Century learning and diversity. In J. Andrews & J. Luppart (Eds.), Diversity in Education: Understanding and Addressing Student Diversity (pp. 74-102). Toronto, ON: Nelson Education Ltd.
- Friesen, S. & Lock, J. (2013). Two high performing school jurisdictions in the application of 21st Century Learning. In J. Brandon, P. Hanna, & K. Rhyason (Eds.), Vision in action: Seven approaches to school system success (pp. 233 – 292). Edmonton, AB: Henday Publishing.
- Redmond, P. & Lock, J. (2013). TPACK: Exploring a Secondary Pre-service Teachers' Context. InProceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2013 (pp. 5084-5091). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. TPACK SIG Paper Award for 2013 and Outstanding Paper Award
- Jacobsen, M., Lock, J., & Friesen, S. (2013). Strategies for Engagement: Knowledge Building and Intellectual Engagement in Participatory Learning Environments. Education Canada, 53(1), 14-18.