You are here
Ian Lewis is an assistant professor and AIHS Translational Health Chair-Metabolomics in UCalgary’s Faculty of Science. His research focus is on investigating the connection between metabolic adaptation and virulence of human pathogens, with the ultimate goal of developing new diagnostic methods to identify high-risk patients and novel antimicrobial therapies to control infections.
- Wenyun Lu, Xiaoyang Su, Matthias S. Klein, Ian A. Lewis, Oliver Fiehn, Joshua D. Rabinowitz. (2016). Metabolite Measurement: Pitfalls to Avoid and Practices to Follow. Annual Review of Biochemistry (in press).
- Travis S Bingeman, David H Perlman; Douglas G Storey; Ian A Lewis. (2017). Digestomics: an emerging strategy for comprehensive analysis of protein catabolism. Current Opinion in Biotechnology 43: 134-140. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.copbio.2016.11.004
- Hangjun Ke†, Ian A. Lewis†, Joanne M. Morrisey, Kyle J. McLean, Suresh M. Ganesan, Heather J. Painter, Michael W. Mather, Marcelo Jacobs-Lorena, Manuel Llinás, Akhil B. Vaidya.Genetic investigation of TCA metabolism during the Plasmodium falciparum lifecycle. Cell Reports 11 (1), (2015) †Equal contributions
- Ian A. Lewis, Mark Wacker, Kellen L. Olszewski, Simon A. Cobbold, Katelynn S. Baska, Asako Tan, Michael T. Ferdig, and Manuel Llinás. Metabolic QTL analysis links chloroquine resistance in Plasmodium falciparum to impaired hemoglobin catabolism. PLOS Genetics, 10 (1), (2014)
- Ian A. Lewis, Seth C. Schommer, and John L. Markley. rNMR: open source software for identifying and quantifying metabolites in NMR spectra. Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry, 47, S123-S126 (2009)
- Ian A. Lewis, M. Estela Campanella, John L. Markley and Philip S. Low. Role of Band 3 in regulating metabolic flux of red blood cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 106 (44), 18515-20 (2009)
- Qiu Cui, Ian A. Lewis, Adrian D. Hegeman, Mark E. Anderson, Jing Li, Christopher F. Schulte, William M. Westler, Hamid R. Eghbalnia, Michael R. Sussman, and John L. Markley. Tools for identifying metabolites from NMR and MS spectral data: the Madison Metabolomics Consortium Database (MMCD). Nature Biotechnology 26, 162-164 (2008)
- Ian A. Lewis, Seth C. Schommer, Brendan Hodis, Kate A. Robb, Marco Tonelli, William M. Westler, Michael R. Sussman and John L. Markley. Method for Determining Molar Concentrations of Metabolites in Complex Solutions from Two-Dimensional 1H-13C NMR Spectra. Analytical Chemistry, 79 (24), 9385 -9390 (2007)