You are here
Bryce C. Tingle holds the N. Murray Edwards Chair in Jurisdiction and Business Law with the University of Calgary’s Faculty of Law. He is a member of the founding teams for several companies active in the technology, energy and financial industries. He also advises several private and public companies.
- Start-Up and Growth Companies, A Guide to Legal and Business Practice (Lexis Nexis Butterworths (2005); 2nd edition LexisNexis Canada (2013)).
- The IPO Market in Canada: What a Comparison with the United States Tells Us About a Global Problem (2013) Canadian Business Law Journal 322
- Bad Company! The Assumptions Behind Proxy Advisors’ Voting Recommendations (2014) 37:2 Dalhousie L. Journal 709.
- The Agency Cost Case for Regulating Proxy Advisory Firms, (2016) 49:2 U.B.C. Law Review.
- Economic Efficiency, Normative Account-Giving and Corporate Law, (2015) 57 Canadian Business Law Journal 270.
- Can We Measure Corporate Governance?, Forthcoming (2017).
- Another Tax on Entrepreneurs: Canadian Growth Companies’ Sub-Optimal Use of Equity Incentives, Forthcoming (2017).
- What Do We Really Know About Corporate Governance Best Practices? A Review of the Empirical Research Since 2000, Forthcoming (2017)
- Framed! The Failure of Agency Cost Explanations for Executive Pay Practices, 54:1 Alberta Law Review (2017).
- How Good Are Our “Best Practices” When it Comes to Executive Compensation? A Review of Forty Years of Skyrocketing Pay, Regulation and Corporate Governance, Forthcoming (2017).
- The Strange Case of the Crown Prerogative Over Private Prosecution, or Who Killed Public Interest Law Enforcement (1994), 28 UBC Law Review 309.
- The Promise of Our Laws (1992), 30 Alta. Law Rev. 1324.